Personal project blog post: Dinosaur
My Personal project for Creators Studio was a 3D printed dinosaur which moves and has LED lights light up. I made it for my little brothers because they love dinosaurs. The materials I used for the dinosaur were: a 3D printer, an Arduino board and software, lights, a servo motor, wires, and a wooden stand. I am also attempting to add a battery so I don't have to plug it into a wall socket. The tools I used also included the 3D printer, the Arduino software and a saudor. During the span of my project, I came across a lot of road bumps. After I had completed making the dinosaur, and wiring it, the code to make it move was elusive. It took several extra lunch work sessions to make it work, but it eventually did. I am extremely happy that it did eventually work, and i think all the hardships just made it a better project. The most fun part of the project was creating and coding the dinosaur. This was fun, because I had to learn to actually coded something, and I had never done it in such a complex way. Since the code would often not work more than once, i had to try to adjust the code, and with the help of Mr. Umekubo I figured it out. I honestly would not change anything in the dinosaur, but if i had to, I would have made the wholes in the dino bigger, so it could have had one more light in the project (the second eye). Overall this was a really cool project.
End Of Project Blog Post: Gibson
- My project Is a mythical man named Gibson, who's eyes light up, and arm spins. I made this by first cutting a person out of corrugated plastic. I proceeded to punch holes in his eyes, and put LED lights in them. I then made the circuit by saudering wires together, to make the lights light up, and the arm move from it's motor. After that put it on the wood block, and glued it all together.
end of blog post 2: humingbird, SHREK
Parker and I made a 3D printed shrek on top of a 3D printed fake explosive devise. When someone gets close, the shrek lights up, moves, and makes a sound. This project could realistically be used as a security system, in a bigger model. We used a 3D printer, cardboard, a hummingbird controller, wires, LED lights, a servo motor, paint and a wood frame. The most challenging part of the project, was finishing it even though we missed several classes for tennis matches. When faced with this problem we made sure to be very focused in class, and worked quickly to finnish it. The most fun part was at the end putting all the parts together and seeing it work. I had to learn how to function, and program the hummingbird to do what I wanted it to do. It was challenging at first, but I got to do something that I hadn't done before, and that was cool. If I had more time, I would have constructed a better make to put shrek on, but other than that, nothing else.